WHERE YOUR KIDS BELONG
Our Child Watch is a convenient, safe, fun, and reliable place for your children to go while you are using our facility. We are a first-come, first-serve, drop-off child care, serving ages 8 weeks through 6 years old. Staff are First Aid, C.P.R, and AED certified, as well as background checked. We pride ourselves on the quality of care we give your children.
Download our CHILDWATCH INFORMATION FORM, fill it out, and bring it back to us!
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday: 8:00am – 2:00pm & 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 2:00pm & 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am – 2:00pm & 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 2:00pm & 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 2:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 12:00pm
(Effective Feb 2018)
Rates added onto monthly YMCA membership according to number of kids using Child Watch & Tween Scene.
One Child – $21.00/ month
Two Children – $27.00/month
Three Children – $34.00/month
Rates listed as per visit use.
YMCA Members One-Visit Pass – $7.00
YMCA Members Ten Visit Pass – $70.00
Non-Member One-Visit Pass – $10.00
Non-Member Ten Visit Pass – $100.00
*Child Watch passes are non-refundable, non-transferable, and have no cash value.
DAILY ACTIVITY SCHEDULE
8:00 Free play
11:30 Free play
4:30 Free play
7:00 Free play
If you want us to celebrate your children’s birthday, ask our staff about the birthday form. Your child will have their name on our wall the month of their birthday, get to bring a treat of their choice (NO NUTS), pick out a special present from our birthday box, and get a birthday crown.
HOLIDAY SEASON ACTIVITIES
Trick or treat the offices for Halloween
Have Santa visit for Christmas
Find the gold for St. Patrick’s Day
Make Valentines for Valentine’s Day
Easter egg hunt for Easter
PARENT’S NIGHT OUT
Parent’s night out is an event that we usually put on every month on the third Friday from 5:30-8:30 pm. This is a time where you can drop your children off with the staff in our Child Watch and Tween Scene, go out and enjoy yourselves knowing your children are safe, happy, and having a blast too. Registration at the Welcome Center is required. Space is limited.
FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT
Family movie nights are a free fun family event, open to anyone in the community. We project a movie on our wall, put mats out for the kiddos and chairs for adults, and have concessions to be purchased for your enjoyment during the movie. Dress comfy, bring a pillow and blanket, and join us for a fun and easy family time! Watch for an announcement of our next movie night!
BRUNCH WITH SANTA
Kick off your holiday season with this sweet deal! Have breakfast with your family, meet and get your picture taken with Santa, and create a cool Christmas craft. Celebrate the season and create memories that will last a lifetime!
CHILD WATCH POLICIES
- Children 3 years and under are welcome to stay for up to 2 hours per day.
- Children 4 to 6 years old are welcome to stay for up to 3 hours per day.
- Children must have an information sheet filled out before the first visit.
- Children must be signed in and out of Child Watch by the same person that signed them in unless prior arrangements have been made.
- A tag with a number will be issued upon sign-in. The tag must be returned when the child is picked up. If a tag is misplaced, a photo ID will be required at pick up.
- Parents must remain in the facility while their child is signed into the Child Watch.
- If late pick-ups happen on a continual basis you may be subject to suspension from our Child Watch.
- The best way to acclimate an apprehensive child and parent to Child Watch is to start out their visits small and gradually lengthen them. During this time, it is very important you visit the YMCA at least 2 times a week and not more than 4 or 5 days between visits. We want this experience to be a positive experience for both the parent and child.
FOR A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE
Bring your child to Child Watch clean, dry, and fed. Label all bottles, cups, diaper bags, etc. Inform us of any special needs your child has. Let us know of your baby’s sleep and play choices. Bring any source of comfort that your child may want with them (i.e. blanket, pacifier).
Due to allergies, ABSOLUTLEY NO NUT PRODUCTS allowed in Child Watch. All cups, bottles, and snacks need to be labeled with your child’s name. We will not give any unmarked items to any child.
- If your child stayed home from school because he or she is not feeling well, they should not be using our Child Watch.
- Employees may not administer medicine of any kind. Please do not bring prescriptions or over the counter medicine into the Child Watch.
- We ask that you notify the Child Watch Coordinator if your child comes down with anything contagious and was in the Child Watch during the incubation period. A sign will be posted to alert parents of a possible exposure.
- Open sores or wounds must be covered while using our Child Watch.
- Please ask an associate for help if your child needs a bandage.
- Staff cannot accept a child into the Child Watch if they have any of these symptoms: fever, rash, open sores, yellow or green runny nose or eyes, excessive cough, diarrhea, any communicable diseases, or vomiting within the last 48 hours.
If your child has head lice, we ask that you inform us immediately so that we can inform other parents and take care of the room. All cases are kept confidential and parents will be notified by a sign on the door. All children utilizing our Child Watch may be checked for head lice by staff if need be. If your child has head lice we require all lice and their nits are removed and that the second treatment has been done before returning to the Child Watch.
Please let us know if your child is potty training so that we are aware of this change. If your child is potty training, an extra set of clothes needs to be provided. Children will be escorted to the bathroom by one of the staff and assisted as needed.
Please bring your child in a clean and dry diaper. Diapers are checked every ½ hour and changed as needed. Please inform the staff if your child is in a cloth diaper. Diapers and wipes need to be brought with your child when utilizing the Child Watch. Sorry, we cannot apply diaper cream of any kind.
Proper clothing and undergarments are required in the Child Watch.
For everyone in the Child Watch to have a safe and positive experience, we utilize the following behavior management approaches:
- If the child is misbehaving, we will redirect the child to an appropriate activity. Several activities will be suggested at this time, including quiet time.
- If inappropriate behavior continues and becomes a safety issue for your child or others, a discipline report will be written. We may come and get you and ask that you remove your child from Child Watch for the day.
- If 3 discipline reports are written within a 90 day period we will ask that your child refrains from using our Child Watch for 30 days.
- Any inappropriate behavior such as spitting, biting, inappropriate language, harming themselves or others, and destruction of Child Watch property, may lead to a loss of Child Watch privileges.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?
Please see us in Child Watch if you have questions or concerns. We will do our best to accommodate our members.