LEARN ABOUT OUR FACILITY
Our family fun pool is complete with a 15-person hot tub, zero-depth entry (0 to 2.5 feet), current channel, water spouts, basketball hoop, warm pool, and water slide! This pool is used for aquatic classes, individual fitness, swimming lessons, parent-tot swimming, and family open swim.
Our six-lane lap pool is perfect for lap swim, individual fitness, swimming lessons, aquatic classes, swim team, water polo, and open family swim. This pool has a low diving board, diving blocks, and a rope swing.
RULES & REGULATIONS
GENERAL POOL RULES
- Cleansing shower must be taken prior to entering the pool or hot tub.
- Wait until the lifeguard is on deck before entering the pool.
- Always walk. No running.
- Aquatic age policy must be followed at all times.
- Only Coast Guard Approved Life Jackets are permitted as flotation devices.
- Individuals wearing life jackets must stay in the shallow end of the pool.
- All water toys must be kept in the shallow end.
- Ladders are to be used to enter and exit the pool only (not for playing).
- Diving is allowed in marked areas only.
- No flips, back-dives, etc. are allowed off of the edge of the pool.
- Dunking and rough play are not allowed.
- Pool attire policy is strictly enforced. See the details below.
- The lifeguard’s decision on rule enforcement is final and directed by the Aquatics Director.
- Repeated violations of pool safety rules may result in loss of pool and/or YMCA privileges.
LAP POOL RULES
- Deep end swim tests are required to swim in the deep end of the pool.
- No flips, back dives or spinning when jumping in from the edge.
- Flotation devices are not allowed in the deep end.
- Swim blocks must only be used during designated competitive swim times.
- No jumping or flipping from swim blocks.
FUN POOL RULES
- No diving or flipping is allowed in the fun pool.
WATER SLIDE RULES
- Riders allowed only when a lifeguard is present.
- Riders must be at least 48″ tall to slide on their own. Riders over 48” tall must slide on their own.
- Riders under 48” tall may slide with a supervising adult (18+ y/o). Not siblings or friends; must be a supervising adult.
- The maximum weight limit is 300 pounds per person.
- No jewelry can be worn while riding the slide. No foreign objects allowed in pockets, no rivets, etc. in a swimsuit that could cause damage to the slide.
- Riders must enter the slide in a sitting position and wait for instructions from the guard stationed at the top of the slide.
- All riders must ride feet first while lying on their back. Absolutely no riding on stomach or headfirst is permitted.
- Riders should lie on their back with arms crossed across their chest or hands clasped behind their head with legs crossed at the ankles.
- Only one rider at a time. Absolutely no trains or chains of riders are permitted.
- No tubes or mats are permitted on the slide.
- Only US Coast Guard approved lifejackets (buckles in front) are allowed on the slide.
- Riders must wait on the stairs and/or deck in a single file line, one per stair, holding on to the handrail on the wide side of the step.
- Riders must be in good health. Pregnant women or individuals with heart or back conditions should not use the slide.
- Do not use this slide while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Follow the instructions of the flume attendant.
- No diving from the flume.
- Leave the flume pool area promptly after exiting the slide.
- There are two handicap lifts (one in each pool).
- The handicap lift has a weight capacity of 300 lbs.
- All persons are required to take a cleansing shower before entering the hot tub/spa.
- Elderly persons and those suffering from heart disease, diabetes, or high blood pressure should consult their physician before using the spa.
- No person suffering from communicable disease transmissible via water shall use the spa.
- Persons using prescription medications should consult their physician before using the spa.
- Individuals under the influence of alcohol should not use the spa.
- No persons shall use the spa alone.
- Pregnant women should not use the spa without consulting a physician.
- Persons should spend no more than 15 minutes in the spa at a time.
- No children under 6 years of age are allowed to use the spa Children under 13 years of age shall be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- No life jackets are to be worn in the hot tub
- Maximum of 15 people in the hot tub at any one time.
- The minimum age for children to use the sauna is 4 years old and within a parent’s arm’s length.
- The minimum age to use the sauna without a parent present is 13 years old.
ROPE SWING RULES
- Swim test is required for users under 18 years old.
- The rope swing may only be used when the lifeguard gives permission.
- Wait your turn to use the rope swing.
- Only one person is allowed on rope swing platform at a time.
- Do not swing back to the deck when swinging on the rope swing.
- One you swing out on the rope swing, let go.
- Swim directly to the side of the pool (out of the way) of those waiting to swing next.
- Do not climb the rope.
- A swim test is required for all persons using the diving board.
- Patrons wait their turn at the bottom of the ladder, taking care to not interfere with the divers.
- One diver at a time is permitted on the board.
- The diving board is the only entrance to the diving area in the pool.
- Recreational divers must jump or dive using only one bounce. No running off the end of the board,
- handstands, sitting, or back dives is permitted.
- Only jumping or diving straight off the end of the board is permitted.
- All divers must look before and wait until the area in the pool is clear before diving.
- Immediately after diving, the diver surfaces and swims clear of the diving area.
- All diving board equipment may be adjusted only by Aquatics personnel.
- Any activities deemed unsafe by the Aquatics personnel are not permitted.
- The maximum weight limit is 400 pounds per person.
LAP SWIM ETIQUETTE
- Continuous swimming is required during lap swim except while resting at the wall.
- Swimmers must use the circle swim pattern.
- Please allow faster swimmers to pass you at the walls.
- Swimmers are asked to order themselves by swimming pace in appropriately marked lanes: Slow, Medium, Fast, Sprint. Lifeguards will ask swimmers to move accordingly.
- Water walking is not allowed except in designated lanes and times during the day.
- Staff members kindly ask you to return the equipment that you have taken out to use to its proper place.
- Open swim is not allowed in the lap swim lanes.
DEEP END TEST
- To complete the swim test, the swimmer must swim jump in from a starting block closest to the edge of the pool, then tread water for 30 seconds keeping their head above the swimmer.
- Swimmer must swim to the opposite side of the pool using any stroke of their preference. This test will be administered by lifeguard staff.
- After passing, the child will receive a color-coded wristband signifying successful completion. All swimmers must pass to play in the deep end of the pool.
- Regardless of popular belief, you do not have to swim laps the entire time!
- This is a time for lap swimming. We reserve the right to designate specific lanes for the YMCA
- programs as needed. We ask participates to respect the people and activities taking place in each lane. It is acceptable to swim in a lane alone or with a group. If applicable, swimmers with the same speed need to circle swim. Lane lines will be in all designated lap swim lanes.
- **Children under 18 years of age are allowed to use the Lap Pool during Lap Swim only if they have passed our swim test.
INDIVIDUAL LAP & FITNESS
- This is a time for individuals of all ages to participate in their own individual workouts without any pool toys or horseplay.
- Please be respectful of others.
- This time will be used for open swim during non–school days.
ADULT & SENIOR FITNESS
- This is a time for adults (18 years+) and seniors to participate in their individual work out.
- No children permitted to be in any part of the pool during this time.
- Please be respectful of others.
- During this time parents and preschool children may use the Fun Pool for water play and exercise. Parents must be in the water and within arm’s reach of their child.
- This time is designated for young children under 6 years old.
- Open for anyone for fun swim. Please be advised the slide may not always be open during open swim.
- Please see slide hours to ensure the slide will be open during your visit.
- Deep end swim test is required for children who want to swim in the deep end.
SWIM LESSONS ($)
- During this time the entire Fun Pool (and some Lap Pool lanes) will be closed for the YMCA Swim Lessons program.
- Quiet time in the hot tub is allowed for adults 18 years and older.
WATER POLO ($)
- During this time the Lap Pool is reserved for the YMCA Water Polo program.
ADULT SWIM CLUB ($)
- Lap Swim will be available to share lanes with Adult Swim Club during this time.
SWIM TEAM $
- During this time the Lap Pool is reserved for the YMCA Tiger Shark Swim Team.
WEST ALBANY TRANSITION PROGRAM
- During this time the West Albany Transition program will use the Fun/Lap Pool.
- Individuals are welcome to share the pool while participating in individual water fitness with the West Albany program.
May be subject to change