WHERE ALL KIDS ARE MOST VALUABLE
CURRENT YOUTH SPORTS OFFERED
Sports Performance Training
YMCA YOUTH SPORTS PILLARS
Everybody plays and everybody wins in Y Youth Sports. Emphasis is placed on teamwork and good sportsmanship as participants learn the fundamentals of each sport from volunteer coaches who understand the Y’s Youth Sports philosophy.
The Y builds its Youth Sports Program on 7 pillars:
1. EVERYONE PLAYS – Any child who registers for a sport will be assigned to a team.
2. SAFETY FIRST – Y programs are designed to ensure the safety of children.
3. FAIR PLAY – Fair play is about more than playing by the rules it is about respect for all involved.
4. POSITIVE COMPETITION – Emphasis is placed on sportsmanship, team-play, and building strong interpersonal relationships.
5. FAMILY INVOLVEMENT – The Y encourages parents & caretakers to be actively and positively involved in their child’s sports program.
6. SPORT FOR ALL – Y sports are inclusive sports programs and are offered to all children regardless of race, gender, religious creed or ability.
7. SPORT FOR FUN – Y sports programs are designed so that kids have fun and develop a love for the game.
All Y coaches are volunteers. The time and day commitment vary by sport, age, and skill level. As a coach, we do offer some discounts when your child registers to play. Ask us for details. If you are interested in sharing your knowledge of a sport with the kids, please contact the Sports Director at email@example.com.