LEARN ABOUT OUR FACILITY
STRENGTH & CARDIO
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Appropriate workout attire is required when working out at the YMCA.
- Shirts and tennis shoes are required in all areas except for the pool.
- Shirt with offensive/profane messages deemed by the YMCA staff are not allowed.
- Clothing and/or body art must be covered if it is deemed offensive by the YMCA staff.
- Pool attire policy is strictly enforced. See Aquatic Policies for details.
- Open-toed and backless shoes are only permitted in the aquatics areas of the facility.
- Denim jeans are not allowed while working out for safety purposes.
STRENGTH & CARDIO, FITNESS STUDIOS, GYMS, & RACQUETBALL COURT RULES
- No food is allowed in the strength & cardio, gyms, racquetball courts, or group fitness studios.
- No chalk is allowed in the strength & cardio.
- Offensive or profane language is prohibited.
- No one is allowed to take pictures or videotape without approval from a YMCA staff.
- Re-rack your weights and return all accessories to their proper locations.
- Please wipe down equipment after every use.
- All drinks must be water and kept in a sealed bottle.
- Please inform staff members of any spills, messes, safety hazards, or broken equipment.
- Be patient while waiting for a machine and ask to “work in”.
- Allow others to “work in”.
- Do not sit on machines to rest.
- Please do not move the machines.
- Abuse or misuse of equipment will not be tolerated.
- Avoid banging weights and dropping dumbbells.
- Minimum age requirements for fitness areas must be followed and will be enforced.
- Free fitness orientations are given to members that want to learn how to use the equipment.
- Please use headphones while listening to personal music.
- The use of the strength & cardio center may be restricted at certain times. (please see the YMCA schedule)
- All members are expected to abide by the decisions of the YMCA staff.
- Racquetball court reservations are recommended.
- To reserve a court please call the Welcome Center at 541.926.4488.
- Racquets and balls can be borrowed for game use from the YMCA Welcome Center.
- Please check the gym schedule to ensure that courts are available for use.
- Be respectful of programs and group activities scheduled in the gym.
LOCKER ROOMS & LOCKERS
- All members are encouraged to use the locker rooms.
- Lockers are for day-use only, unless renting a locker from the Welcome Center.
- Members have the option to purchase locker rentals at the Welcome Center for continued use.
- Members using lockers for daily use are encouraged to bring their own locks, and are required to remove locks when leaving the property.
- We hold random locker audits. Any belongings left in unrented lockers after hours will be removed from the locker and put into lost and found, regardless of a lock present.
- We are not responsible for replacing locks cut off of unrented lockers after hours.
- The Welcome Center may have locks for sale for your convenience.
- No personal belongings will be held behind the Welcome Center.
- All valuables are the responsibility of the person owning them.
- The YMCA cannot and does not assume the responsibility for lost or stolen items.
- Please do not leave valuable items unattended.
- Member’s coats, bags, and purses are not allowed in the strength & cardio center; please use the day-use lockers in the hallway.
- If personal items are left on YMCA property, they will be donated to a worthy cause after a few weeks of going unclaimed.
- Absolutely no taking pictures or videos in the locker rooms.
- Children over the age of 4 years old may not use the opposite gender’s locker room. We encourage you to utilize our individual changing locker rooms.
- Please be courteous of other members and clean up after yourself.
- If you see anything in the locker rooms that may need attention, please let a staff member know.